Making an overseas payment with moneycorp is quick, easy and cost-effective, helping you get your money where it needs to be.
How do I transfer money to Qatar?
Signing up for a moneycorp account can be done in a matter of minutes, offering you instant access to make payments in 33 different currencies online. Alternatively, you can make an international transfer in 120+ currencies over the phone with the guidance of one of our currency specialists.
All you need to do after opening your account is add funds via a debit card or bank transfer, then provide the details of your recipient and exchange the amount you wish to. We’ll have your money on its way in no time at all, with most transfers reaching Qatar in 1-2 business days.
Send money to Qatar online
Enjoy total ease and convenience when sending money to Qatar with your online moneycorp account. You can access your funds around the clock and make any pressing payments as and when you need to.
Simply ensure your account has the funds, then provide the details of a new recipient (or select an existing one), exchange the amount you wish and we’ll have your payment on its way.
Information you’ll need for an international payment to Qatar
If you intend on sending money to a Qatari bank account, we’ll need you to provide us with the following information, in addition to documentation that supports your reason for payment.
- Account Number of recipient
- IBAN of recipient
- BIC/SWIFT code of recipient
- Invoice with supplier’s name and address (if making a business payment)
- A bank statement from the recipient account, less than three months old (if paying your own account in Qatar)
- Photographic ID of the recipient and a copy of the recipient’s bank statement, less than three months old, with proof of address (if making a personal payment).
These final three items can be provided in PDF form or as clear scans to email@example.com if a personal payment, or firstname.lastname@example.org if for a business payment. If you have any questions regarding your payment to Qatar, call our team on 0207 589 3000 (personal) or 0207 823 7878 (business).
Read our in-depth guide for more information regarding BIC/SWIFT codes and IBANs.
What does a Qatari IBAN look like?
All bank accounts in Qatar have an IBAN, an alphanumeric code that is needed for a sender to make an international payment. IBANs in Qatar are 29 digits long (example below) and consist of: an ISO Country Code, two IBAN check digits and a Basic Bank Account Number (BBAN). This BBAN is itself made up of a Bank Identifier Code and an Account Number. If you wish to make a payment to a recipient in Qatar, you will need to provide their IBAN so your bank can identify the account in which to transfer the funds.
Example of a Qatari IBAN:
QA58 ABCD 1234 5678 9012 3456 7890 1
Get the most from your account
- Enjoy 24/7 access to your funds and the ability to send money online around the clock.
- Set an exchange rate alert for your preferred GBP to QAR rate from your online account and we’ll notify you if that rate is achieved.
- If you need to make any weekly or monthly payments to Qatar, you can automate them via an international direct debit with a Regular Payment Plan.