Fiji is a group of volcanic islands in the South Pacific, located east of Australia and north of New Zealand. The country is an archipelago of more than 300 islands so there is plenty to see and do here!
Best time to visit?
Fiji’s low season is from late October to early November, when the cost of travelling to and staying in the country has not yet reached its peak. Although not the hottest months, the weather is dry and warm and the beaches and resorts are far less crowded. Weather wise, the surf in Fiji is consistently good all year round, so visiting in the lower season shouldn’t be a problem. If you are a true sun-worshipper and want to visit in the hottest months, then peak season may be for you, although this comes with far more crowds, a higher price tag and cyclone season.
Which islands to visit?
If visiting Fiji for the first time, you will very likely fly into Nadi airport of the island of Viti Levu. There is plenty to do here with Suva, the capital of Fiji, located on the eastern side of the island. Suva is one of the largest cities in the South Pacific and is a common base for most visitors to Viti Levu, and home to many major resorts and white sand beaches.
If you venture away from the coast and up into the mountains of Viti Levu, you can experience true rural Fiji, and a way of life that is almost untouched by tourists.
Vanua Levu, the second largest island in Fiji, is very different in character to Viti Levu. It has far fewer inhabitants and visitors, leaving vast unkempt rainforest and relatively untouched coastline. For a less hectic and bustling trip, with a better taste of unspoilt Fiji, this is definitely an island to visit.
Unspoiled Kadavu is known for its fantastic diving at Great Astrolabe Reef, the world’s fourth largest barrier reef. Come here to go off grid for a short while, immerse yourself in the culture and explore the coast via kayak!
Taveuni is known as the lushest island with lots of tropical flowers and waterfalls. It is a great spot for hiking as most of the area is protected with lots of great viewpoints to hike up to.
What to do in Fiji:
- Take a day boat trip around some of the islands and explore what each place has to offer
- Tour the Garden of the Sleeping Giant
- Have a therapeutic experience in the mud pools and hot springs in Nadi.
- Experience the incredible views of Fiji via zip line. Situated close to Nadi, the zip line park has over 3 miles (5km) of zip-lines incorporated into setting of caves, canyons and mountaintops.
- Go river tubing down the Navua River, take in the landscape and enjoy the speed on the rapids.
- Take a day trip to ‘Cloud 9’, this is Fiji's two level floating platform with a wood-fired pizzeria and bar. Take in your surroundings of turquoise blue water and picturesque views whilst enjoying delicious food and drink.
- Snorkel and scuba dive on the Great Astrolabe Reef
- Surf at Namotu Island and Tavarua Island
Pre-order your Fiji Dollars (FJD) before you go
This allows to you lock in our best rates and could save you money to spend during your travels!
Why choose our Reserve & Collect service?
- Orders can be placed up to two weeks in advance, and no less than 24 hours before collection.
- Place your order quickly with no upfront payment.
- Pick-up from one of our major airports or central London locations.
What are you waiting for?
The information above was accurate at the time of publication. moneycorp and its affiliates expressly disclaim any liability for the completeness or accuracy of the information contained on this page which may be subject to change.